Yes, it’s that time of the year. That special time of the year hard-core American football fans wait for all year long. It’s the one and only Super Bowl XLVII. Although I didn’t personally have the great honour of attending this significant cultural event, I did dedicate a sizeable amount of time out of my day to catch-up on what went down and most importantly, to watch all the ads that aired on the day. This year, to my utter shock (!) the ads had none, I repeat absolutely none, of the usual clichés!
There were absolutely no hot supermodels posing half naked…. (definitely no Bar Raphaeli, Danica Patrick or Kate Upton)…. No car ads with perfectly waxed shiny bonnets that are quite literally babe-magnets (especially not any from Mercedez-Benz, Fiat or Audi)…. No white picket fences or nuclear families living in the suburbs driving SUVs… Zero!
I am pleased to report that this year, we have refrained from promoting promiscuity, materialism and stereotypes. After all, with an estimated 108.4 million viewers, these are the most expensive, most valuable TV spots that exist and are therefore to be considered with utmost seriousness. This year Game Day has truly changed the game. Not!
Watch these ads
1. Perfect Match - Bar Refaeli’s Big Kiss! | Official GoDaddy.com Commercial
2. YourBigIdea.CO | Featuring a Sky Waitress and Danica Patrick - Official Go Daddy Commercial
3. Kate Upton Washes the All-New Mercedes-Benz CLA in Slow Motion
4. Mercedes-Benz 2013 Super Bowl Commercial (Extended Cut): “Soul”
5. Fiat 500 Abarth - 2013 Superbowl Topless Commercial
6. Audi 2013 Big Game Commercial - “Prom”
7. Toyota RAV4 2013 Big Game Commercial “Wish Granted” Starring Kaley Cuoco (Official)
Maria Trindade, London